Thursday, July 9, 2009

Snapshots from a traveler #4


This is an old photo from my first trip to Australia. I remember going to this shop with Kerrie for the essentials like bread and milk. I would like to grocery shop like this all the time -- small stores, owned by people you know. The note I wrote on the back of this photo says, "Mrs. Cartwright." I'm assuming that's her, in the plaid skirt and blue sweater? Sadly, I don't remember that detail. But I do remember shopping there, very vividly.

Clarke's Quality Fruit and Vegies, Blaxland, New South Wales, Australia, 1990.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Oh my golly, you are correct!! Sadly Mrs Cartwright passed away a few years back. What a lovely shop that used to be, usually called in on the way to pick up the boys from school. Thanks for the memories...

Dianne said...

Oh, I was afraid you were going to say that. She was a lovely lady. And yes! I do remember stopping there with you on the way to pick up the boys from school! I can't believe that was almost 20 years ago.