Thursday, July 2, 2009

Snapshots from a traveler #3


OK I know I posted a Galapagos photo last week, but you see yesterday was Mom's birthday. So to celebrate that momentous occasion I thought I'd share a totally cute photo of her with a sea lion. I remember thinking at the time that she was talking to it much like she talks to her dog, which makes sense because sea lions are so much like dogs. They are, truly -- what with all the barking and the adorable snouts and whatnot.

Santa Fe, Galapagos, Ecuador -- November/December 1999.

2 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

The Galapagos remains on my list--along with Machu Pichu--of places I MUST visit. Happy Birthday to your mom.

Dianne said...

The Galapagos are well worth it, if you're able to go -- definitely a "trip of a lifetime" destination!

I, too, have always wanted to go to Machu Picchu. I read in a recent issue of National Geographic Traveler about the Inca Trail, someday I'd love to hike there! It's on the list.... (and the list is long!)