Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Present blessings

I was set to share one last Thanksgiving recipe with you all today, but, you know, actual real life stepped in and instead of cooking green beans and fennel for you, tonight I am brining a turkey for my family.

It's hell when cooking gets in the way of cooking!

So as we all begin preparing our feasts -- or traveling to our feasts -- I leave you with the following, from Charles Dickens:

Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.

Indeed. Happy Thanksgiving!


(Special thanks to Alex, who brought this Dickens quotation to my attention earlier this week.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this quote is a good reminder all year. thanks for passing it along to us.
p.s. i just found your blog through Daring Bakers, and your dog sleeping by the stove picture stole my heart!

Dianne said...

Thank you! I'm glad you've found the blog and even happier that the sleeping Jet photo stole your heart! She is quite a heart-stealer, that pup.

And you're right, that quotation is a great reminder all year.